[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Spastic Plastik
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Spastic Plastik
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 1:10 pm   Permalink

There is a really cool new toy line out called Spastic Plastik by Funko. Two of their PVC action figures are Tiki, including a Tiki Elvis and a Tiki Lounge god. Thre also other cool figures. The only problem is that they are a pain to find.

check then out at
www.funko.com

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-21 13:10, liabungalo wrote:
There is a really cool new toy line out called Spastic Plastik by Funko. Two of their PVC action figures are Tiki, including a Tiki Elvis and a Tiki Lounge god.

I like the elvis tiki. but it's not enuff of a hybrid.
I wanna see a monkey tail, a fez, lessee'... betty page legs and hula skirt, ummm, leopard print pants, a mainland hawaiian shirt, dancing to a rockabilly song,
yea, that's the ticket.

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 2:18 pm   Permalink

I just realized that the other one is a Tiki version of Dean Martin.

I might have to buy one or seven.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 3:06 pm   Permalink

I just took a look at the Custom Wacky Wobblers & saw the Phillipe's Wobbler... Mmmm! Phillipe's...

Did you see the
Tiki Peek-a-Boo?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Rod Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 3:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha, You can get "spastic plastik" at Hudson Classics, Murphys, Ca. or email off their web site www.hudsonclassics.com This is a new web site so if you dont find what you are looking for, email them. Good people.

Mahalo

View Profile of Hot Rod Tiki Send a personal message to Hot Rod Tiki  Email Hot Rod Tiki Goto the website of Hot Rod Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 3:24 pm   Permalink

I actually bought both of these, there pretty cool, got em cheap from Tower Records.com

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 4:41 pm   Permalink

No offense to all you good folks, but the whole 'Tiki nodder' thing has got to be the worst element of Tiki culture out there.

Yeah, old vintage hula girl nodder-thingys had a certain charm, but even the best made Tiki nodders these days look like cheap crap....

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

T-Woody, the Dino and Elvis are actually not nodders but lil statues, bascially plastic tiki. Just in case you actually cared, I actually am thinking about having one of the awesome carvers tackle doing Dino in wood, and hey he wears a fez!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 02:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-21 16:41, Trader Woody wrote:
No offense to all you good folks, but the whole 'Tiki nodder' thing has got to be the worst element of Tiki culture out there.

Trader Woody

trader, I second the sentiment.
especially when the tiki displays a slogan saying " wanna get leid?"

http://www.funko.com/peekaboo/

groooaaan.

but hey; tiki culture means we should be open to all forms of tiki art.
or sumpin li dat...

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 09:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

Except for the Tiki Tony handcarved dashboard Tiki nodder!

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-06-22 13:19 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 09:26 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-06-22 09:03, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

quote]

Except for the Tiki Tony handcarved dashboard Tiki nodder!

the original cast ceramic tiki nodder from the 60s/70's is very cool. And I believe Crazy Al and tikiking did 'early' tiki nodders before all the plastic ones hit...

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 11:58 am   Permalink

I quite like my GIANT tiki nodder:

And of course my logo hula gal that I like more because it was my grandmother's, she LOVED island life.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Trader Woody

Not even close
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7292&forum=5
(I have a tiki tony nodder by the way)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 6:42 pm   Permalink

Man that hat was just plain ugly. The funny thing is that I was just in the hat store LIDS in the mall and they had a trucker hat with a patch sewn on that said Tiki-Mon and at least had a decent Tiki, to bad it was a trucker hat and it was some god awful green and white combo.

Toa

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-22 7:55 pm   Permalink

There's a picture of Dino in thi thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8624&forum=5

Dino's a swell little piece, like a cartoon you can sit on the desk. I don't buy much contemporary Tiki but had to have one of these guys.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation