[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 12:36 pm   Permalink

[[/quote]
At least you were able to keep your cards, my mom threw away all of mine.
[/quote]

I can relate there as well, as a kid I loved Star Wars, had tons of the figures, well my Mom as a single parent not getting child support in the 70's money got tight, sunner came along, and well.........a lot of my Star Wars figures, comic books, cards started to become missing but always had food, a roof (leaky as it was) over my head, and clothes on my back. I am lucky now that I have a very understanding wife who indulges me about stuff, she understands how I grew up and at times even now when money gets tight she lets me have something when maybe I should not get it, YES I DO ASK she is the financial mangager of this house. Even going to Hukilau is going to be somewhat of a stretch, but we have been married for 6+ years and never had a honeymoon, well Hukilau is going to be ours finally, and I can not think of funner group do share it with than many of the TC'ers.

Wow guys, thanks for the therapy session I think I just saved some money there.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LBZRAT13
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-24 5:01 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

[/quote]

Im on the same level. My Dad took all of my old football cards to have a guy appraise them............................. the guy was never to be heard from again. So all those years of cards just wandered off and made some jerks house payments.

View Profile of LBZRAT13 Send a personal message to LBZRAT13      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 11:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 10:47, Tiki Bird wrote:

Here's where they went:

(shop window in Cooperstown, NY)

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIGWOOFDC

Posted: 2004-06-25 07:40 am   Permalink

Think Beanie Babies -

A few short years ago, people were paying big bucks for new beanies and knew manufacturing trivia that distinquished the rare from not so rare. Well after the dust settled, it turns out that rare was just a perception and you can now buy them a dozen for a dime.

New Tikis are the same. While one can appreciate the design and cultural connections, trying to speculate on new items is really worse than a crap shoot.

So, for my personal collection, I buy what I like and can afford. And I personally stay away from very new, unless I think it is truely unique or I know the artist.

View Profile of BIGWOOFDC Send a personal message to BIGWOOFDC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation