FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Formikahini in London, July 20, 21, and 27
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Formikahini in London, July 20, 21, and 27
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 7:46 pm   Permalink

Howdy, Tiki Brits!

I'm whipping through your fair city in late July, both going to (20th & 21st) and returning (27th) from a quick stay in St. Petersburg, Russia (where I'm meeting up with my folks). I'd LOVE to meet you folks, and see some London tiki!

Don't know yet if I'm staying with a pal (who may be out of town) or at a hotel, but the second night will have to end in time for me to be out at Heathrow to leave at 6:55 AM (blech!). Other than that, I plan to squeeze in all the fun I can

Cheerio!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 01:15 am   Permalink

Hi,
I'm always up for a Mai Tai in London. Count me in for meeting up for a drink at Trader Vic's or SLP.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 03:45 am   Permalink

The "cheekyhalfs" are in town then as well.
Sounds like the start of something to me!

[ This Message was edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-06-26 03:58 ]

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 8:35 pm   Permalink

Yippee!!

I'm already getting happy

And Kon-Hemsby, I look forward to seeing your great Moai ink in person!

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-26 11:54 am   Permalink

I'm a loooong way from London these days, but I'll do my best to be there. Perhaps a Trader Vic's/South London Pacific combo is in order?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 3:01 pm   Permalink

Hey Kids!

The Cheeky Halfs are up for some 'sightseeing'. I've already touched tentative bases with Woody and Cheeky. Do you want to set a time and place with Kon-Hemsby and we'll just show up?

Start at Trader Vics and see what happens??

The week of the 19th works well for us...

Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half on 2004-06-28 15:03 ]

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 03:49 am   Permalink

I think a Trader Vics /SLP combo is a great idea.

Let me know the date and time and I'll be there.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 10:41 am   Permalink

Ack! I was just about to book a hotel for a couple of nights and then realised the 20th/21st was midweek! Damn - I'm afraid I've go no chance of making those dates. I'd been thinking that it was a weekend.

Big apologies, as it sounds like a great night is on the cards.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-01 07:31 am   Permalink

I just checked the South London Pacific web site and they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays! On the bright side it says Happy Hour is from 6-8.

I guess this means we have to meet up on Wednesday 21st.

Don't know about anyone else but we're up for a meet at Trader Vics for cocktail hour and then a swing down south to SLP to hit happy hour.

Can Cheekytiki, Kon-Hemsby and Formikahini make it to TV's around say 3-ish on Wednesday 21st?

Sorry you can't make it Woody, but we'll see you up in your neck of the woods the week after.

Cheeky Half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-03 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-07-01 07:31, cheeky half wrote:I just checked the South London Pacific web site and they're closed on Mondays and Tuesdays! On the bright side it says Happy Hour is from 6-8.

I guess this means we have to meet up on Wednesday 21st.

Don't know about anyone else but we're up for a meet at Trader Vics for cocktail hour and then a swing down south to SLP to hit happy hour.

Can Cheekytiki, Kon-Hemsby and Formikahini make it to TV's around say 3-ish on Wednesday 21st?

I'll be there! Can't wait to see you folks!

Trader Woody, I'm heartbroken you can't be there . And my trip home (back thru) is also mid-week. Rats!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 04:17 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'll be there too, gotta love those early midweek cocktail sessions, I'd better book thursday off as well!

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 06:11 am   Permalink

Trader Vic's at 3PM then..(is it open in the afternoons?)

I'll be easy to find, I'm the one with a cast on my arm, thanks to severing a couple of tendons in a wine glass incident!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 07:07 am   Permalink

According to the info I've got, they're open at noon on weekdays, but someone should probably call to check.

http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=88

Ph: 44-207-208-4113

Have FUN in Europe, Formikahini! When ya gonna come see us in Hoiti Toiti Land?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 07:37 am   Permalink

Sorry about the arm Kon-Hemsby.

Mrs. Cheeky Half will be on crutches following knee surgery so we'll be easy to spot too.

I guess Formikahini and Cheekytiki just need to look for the people in the bar who looked the most wrecked.....

sorry 'bout that.

See you all on the 21st.

The Cheeky Halfs

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 07:46 am   Permalink

just checked and the bar is open from midday onwards!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation