FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Please point me in the right direction
Please point me in the right direction
hunka27

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:31 pm   Permalink

sorry, i know how people hate people asking repeated questions and i'm sure this is probably one of those times, sorry i'm a newbie I've been searching the net for some information on building a tiki bar and i came across this site which seems like it will be a lifesaver. I browsed a bit but I was wondering if someone could help me find materials, mainly thatch and bamboo. (I live in new york in case it makes a difference). And if there's any kind of guide that shows how to build one that would be cool. I saw some tiki carvings on here, you guys are awesome! I would love to get into that but i'd probably be better off buying one after ruining hundreds of pieces of wood. Thanks in advance guys!

View Profile of hunka27 Send a personal message to hunka27      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:39 pm   Permalink

Here is a place that might help you out - located in nearby New Jersey

http://www.bambooandrattan.com

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:42 pm   Permalink

I think the general view on how to build a bar is to just build it. If you have the tools, and are thinking of making it, just go with your own ideas. It's basically a 4 foot high box with a shelf. Trust yourself.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-24 9:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-24 21:31, hunka27 wrote:
sorry, i know how people hate people asking repeated questions and i'm sure this is probably one of those times, sorry i'm a newbie I've been searching the net for some information on building a tiki bar

I like to think this tiki community has alotta aloha spirit enuff to wanna help instances like this and will not think any question is redundant...

just do a search on TC for
make a tiki bar
and you get alotta leads. here's one...

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=9209&forum=7

[ This Message was edited by: lanikai on 2004-06-24 21:44 ]

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-25 10:16 am   Permalink

I don't know how dirty you want to get, and I'm not advocating breaking the law, but... When I was a kid we used to cut bamboo in the old Sailor's Snug Harbor on Staten Island (now the Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Staten Island Botanical Gardens). We'd hop the fence on Kissel or Henderson, go down by the lower ponds & cut it with a machete.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation