FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Can we take over the Masons' job when they die?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Can we take over the Masons' job when they die?
tomanikitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-06-27 4:35 pm   Permalink

Calvinists who were expelled from catholic France in the 17th century. Many settling in England, which conversely was largely protestant

View Profile of tomanikitiki Send a personal message to tomanikitiki  Email tomanikitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 10:53 pm   Permalink

Oooohhhh, I want in on the Tiki Nouveau Mason action! (I'm even willing to put on hold my plan to take over churches closed by the pedophilia-ridden Catholic Church and turn them into swanky goth clubs.) Unfortunately, the Masonic halls here in Seattle are not nearly as grand as those back east.

BTW, I know I may be the only one who hopped to this thread directly from the Monkeys Wearing Fezzes (or Fezi) thread, but did any one else see the picture below and envision more serious monkeys asking themselves "What's the deal with humans wearing fezzes?"

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 11:57 pm   Permalink

My Great Great Great Grandfather, descendant of The Huegonots who settled Charleston, and something of a Mason...

http://www.srmason-sj.org/web/journal-files/Issues/mar03/honour.htm
TG

I guess you could say I'm a legacy...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-06-28 00:07 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-27 11:58 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2004-06-28 00:07 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 05:38 am   Permalink

Selamu Aleikum!

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 07:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-26 13:21, tikicleen wrote:
their literature is VERY outdated and somewhat demeaning if you are not a white christian male.

Not true. The Masonic Organization is not outdated at all. Membership is suffering because no young guy wants to put in the work nessesary (lots of memorization). Though, some lodges are booming. Blacks have thier own lodges. They are considered illegal "Prince" lodges. You can be of any faith. In my lodge you don't even have to be white (that didn't go over real big with the the older masons). To be a Shriner, you do have to be a little bit "well heeled". They are considered the "Playboys" of the organization. The only way to be a Mason is to ask one. They cannot ask you. It's worth it. The benefits of belonging are excellent.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 07:40 am   Permalink

(steve irwin voice): "danger danger,"

fun societies with social rituals = not religion.

if this discussion gets into religion, though, that might be a bit taboo for this site... jest mah 2 cents... i'm jest bein a lil serious for once...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-06-28 07:58 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 07:57 am   Permalink

Foamy --

How nice to have a genuine Mason on this thread!

My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason (Scottish Rite) and whenever we rode by the windowless Masonic lodge in Tampa we would ask what went on in there and he would smile and say "that's where we ride the billy goat."

My grandfather was such a dignified and respected gentleman that this notion would send us into peals of laughter. "Billy goat" -- impossible, of course.

And then, after following some links from this discussion .... gulp ... lo, there was an old Masonic supply catalogue and ... and ... page after page of billy goat contraptions, most with wheels, and riding on top of each was what I'm sure was an electrical engineer by day and howlin' mad party dog by night ....

I was so disturbed that my afternoon nap was troubled and uneasy. But when I awoke, I found that shock had been replaced by ... envy.

[ This Message was edited by: Satan's Sin on 2004-06-28 08:01 ]

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 10:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-27 16:08, TNTiki wrote:
French protestants who settled in Charleston, SC

And on Staten Island in NYC. There's still a large Hugenot population on Staten Island.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 4:49 pm   Permalink

King David Kalakaua was a Mason and member or honorary member of several other secret societies/fraternal organizations. If you tour Iolani Palace, in the basement they have all of his fraternal accoutrements of which they say he was very proud.

http://srjarchives.tripod.com/1998-12/CIDEC.HTM#King

http://www.grandlodgescotland.com/glos/Literature/Articles/Freemasonry_in_Hawaii.html

I've always wanted to be in a secret society like the one on Eyes Wide Shut, a sort of modern day Hellfire Club.

Propaganda Due was a Masonic Lodge in Italy that really lived up to the air of conspiracy that surrounds most secret societies.

http://explanation-guide.info/meaning/P2.html

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 5:08 pm   Permalink

Italy, heck lecks dig up some of the Charcoal Burners...

But lets stay away from Russia's Skopti sect.

Rasputin reportedly tried out for them, but when it came time to part with something very important he left the club...

TG

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 5:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-28 17:08, TikiGardener wrote:
Italy, heck lecks dig up some of the Charcoal Burners...

But lets stay away from Russia's Skopti sect.

Rasputin reportedly tried out for them, but when it came time to part with something very important he left the club...

TG

You prompted me into going and looking for my copy of Arkon Daraul's book and I had forgotten how many books I have on the subject of secret societies. At least a couple dozen, probably more.

The Holy Vehm, Thuggees, Rosicrucians, Bavarian Illuminati, Knights of Malta, Priory d'Sion, Golden Dawn, Knights Templar, Hashishim, P2. Fun reading.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 8:04 pm   Permalink

That book is quite a read, and a great history of secret societies.

I'm glad I own it.

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 07:50 am   Permalink

Knights Templar. It is suspected that the Mason's originated with them. What they know for sure is that in the dark ages masons (real stone masons) were the only ones allowed to travel, their services were in demand. Hence, they were the only ones to have news of the world and were considered educated and "worldly". Being very keen to protect their status and privileges, they kept this knowledge to themselves and spoke of the things they learned and knew only amongst other masons. That and speaking freely in a public place could land them in a dungeon. The beginning of the organization we know today.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 08:25 am   Permalink

Here is the Masonic billy goat image that has haunted my dreams:

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation