Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Tiki chopper from Indian Larry!-More pix
New Tiki chopper from Indian Larry!-More pix
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 07:30 am   Permalink

I went to the Smokey Mountain Smokeout, a chopper rally in NC, this weekend. Indian Larry of Discovery Channel's Biker Build Off fame had a Tiki themed chopper there. The frame was molded and painted to look like bamboo, the tank was painted in a metalflake woodgrain with an airbrushed Tiki holding wrenches, and the jockey shifter was a Spastic Plastic Dino w/Fez Tiki. There were also lots of liitle touches and some great pinstriping. It was a cool chopper!

[ This Message was edited by: Kanaka on 2004-06-29 12:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kanaka on 2004-06-29 12:06 ]

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-28 6:23 pm   Permalink

Great pic. I always knew it would be a matter of time before someone built a tiki themed chopper. Do you have any close detail shots.

The bike I imaged would have had two tiki torches mounted horizontialy on the back that would shoot out flames during acceleration. A side car for fez wearing monkeys would be pretty cool too.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-28 7:32 pm   Permalink

Maybe also a "Hawaiian Pride" license plate holder.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 07:58 am   Permalink

That bike works for me. Post more photos if you have any. Bamboo-like frame is really nice.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 09:51 am   Permalink

I took some close ups with a disposable camera. when i get the pix back I will scan them and post.

Kanaka

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-29 6:32 pm   Permalink

The wood grain effect is inspired.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation