FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki What is the ULTIMATE tiki mug?
What is the ULTIMATE tiki mug?
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 07:43 am   Permalink

I'm just curious. What do you folks think is the representative/ultimate/must have to complete the collection tiki mug? If you could only have one mug, what would it be?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 08:19 am   Permalink

http://www.munktiki.com/munkehousepage.htm

I am truly coming to love Munktiki and Stuckie's stuff, and the munk-e's, well.........what can you say about owning a one of a kind. Stuck, cannot wait to see mine.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 08:22 am   Permalink

That's easy - Shecky.

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 09:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-30 07:43, foamy wrote:
representative...
must have to complete the collection

I hate to say this, and I know everyone will start bitchin', but I think "most representative" would mean most well known/most highly visable. Sadly, the lowest common denominator = The Leilani.

No collection is complete without one (or 7)

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 09:23 am   Permalink

That's funny because my husband and I were just talking about tiki lelani the other night and I said that it was mandatory for any tiki collection, to which he replied, "But do you need 4?"

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 11:10 am   Permalink

I don't know for sure but I think the best one is the one with Booze in it. Those empty ones are just plain worthless.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 11:21 am   Permalink

i don't think there's anything inherently bad about the leilani design ~ it's probably more that because it's so common people think about leilanis like they think about their first car or boy/girlfriend ~ a combination of embarrassment and nostalgia

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 11:28 am   Permalink

Ok, here is where I truly show my true colors. The only mug I own right now is a little Jee Jee Tiki mug that came in one of those drink sets you buy from Marshalls or Spencers.

Could you show me a Shecky and a Leilanis?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 11:58 am   Permalink

Here they are ...

Shecky

Tiki Leilani

I grabbed these pics from tikiroom.net. There are tons of pictures of mugs there.

-vw

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 12:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-06-30 11:58, vwtikigirl wrote:
Here they are ...

Shecky

Tiki Leilani

I grabbed these pics from tikiroom.net. There are tons of pictures of mugs there.

-vw

Very cool, thanks. I guess I've have seen those a lot, but didn't know the names. I must get me some to stock the new bar. Check out my new bar thread in the creating forum.

thanks vw!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-30 12:21 pm   Permalink

finkdaddy - I saw the pics. Your bar looks great! You definitely need at least a small collection of mugs to go along with it.

-vw

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation