[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Waitiki opening party August
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Waitiki opening party August
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 08:12 am   Permalink

I am hosting a party to celebrate the opening of Waitiki, Orlando's new tiki bar and cafe.
Since I do not have an official opening date at this time, details will unfold soon. It would be wonderful to share this rare experience with fellow tikiphiles, so I like to, if I may, officially invite all Tiki Central-ites to the opening. Please RSVP if you are interested in attending and I promise I will furnish the August date as soon as I get word from Waitiki.

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 08:46 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun. Count me in!

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-04 08:46, Hot Lava wrote:
Sounds like fun. Count me in!

Yeaaaaaaaa!!!!! Looking forward to seeinng you!

Hey Pablus, will you be able to come????
I desperately need my Pablus and Amber Goddess fix. It's been tooooooo long......

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 11:29 am   Permalink

I'm sure me and the wahine could make it.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 9:37 pm   Permalink

New tiki bar opening an hour away?

Fantastic. We'll be there.

I hear it's got some "art" by some guy named after a flat fish.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 9:37 pm   Permalink

And I'll bring a few folks too.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2004-07-05 21:38 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 05:42 am   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 11:41 am   Permalink

Hey Flounder,
I wasnt able to see all the art awaiting installation......I'm anxious to know what amazing piece(s) you contributed to Waikiki????

JTD, it'll be good to see you!!! I enjoyed our visit at Hale Tiki.

Pablus, I await your expert review on their drinks.......

I'm still waiting for an opening date, and will post it when I find out.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 11:45 am   Permalink

I won't be able to make it for the opening, but I look forward to scheduling another trip to Orlando at some point! I can't wait to hear how this place turns out.

I've created a record in Critiki, so you guys can add your critiki after you've seen it, if you'd like:
http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=490

Miss you, Bree!

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-06 11:47 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 5:31 pm   Permalink

Brelle, I'm just getting started on the art so it wasn't there yet. For now I am doing 3 Burlaps and a large 36x60 painting that will go over one of the booths.

Joel told me that you came in, he's a very cool down to earth guy. He told me they were going to be opening in a month but you know how that goes.

It's not going to be totally traditional tiki bar but I think it will be a pretty swinging place.

Pablus, you need more flat fish in your diet.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-06 11:45, Humuhumu wrote:
I won't be able to make it for the opening, but I look forward to scheduling another trip to Orlando
Miss you, Bree!,

I miss you too, Gorgeous!!!! You must come back and we can go ride "The Mummy's Revenge".
There's a possibility that I might get out to California in Oct..............

Flounder,
Joel does seem like a great guy, I was impressed when I met him, and I'm happy that he will be displaying your art in the space!!! It's nice that central Florida tiki artists are being included in this project.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:37 pm   Permalink

Bree, email me or Christie about some great entertainment options not far from you. We will be hearing the Haole Cats live at Tiki Torch Nights this month and they are in Tampa Bay area. And there are more.

Flights to Orlando are usually the cheapest from everywhere...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 3:00 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear this place is actually going to open. We'll try our best to be there. It's been too long since the Florida ohana has been together and will be a good chance to catch up with everyone before the Hukilau.
Thanks for the details Bree.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 15:00, Kailuageoff wrote:
We'll try our best to be there. It's been too long since the Florida ohana has been together and will be a good chance to catch up with everyone
KG

I was hoping to hear from you, KG!! I agree, it has been far too long since all of us partied together..although.....some of us did visit at Hale Tiki, and we missed you and Marian immensely! If Waitiki is up to our standard, it will be way cool to have a place here in O-Town where we can get together and celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and whatever strikes our fancy.

Swanky,
Yes, I'm interested in any suggestions and/or reviews of Florida acts. Thanx

Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 8:56 pm   Permalink

Lezley, Dave, are you in?????
and......how was Hawaii? Did you make it to la Mariana?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation