Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Home address numbers painted on the curb
Home address numbers painted on the curb
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 10:32 am   Permalink

I answer the doorbell the other day and there was this curbside address painter, selling his services. I tell him I paint the numbers myself and prepare to slam the door in his face. Right before the door slams he says "I can do it Tiki!!!" Really. I find out he can't really do a Tiki but he can do Tropical. Now my gutter looks like a slice of Island paradise.

Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 11:43 am   Permalink

Nice touch!

Auspicious numbers, too!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 1:14 pm   Permalink

Well, I hope you don't slam the door in my face, because I'm commin down to change the count!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 8:22 pm   Permalink

Too funny Unga, too funny.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-04 9:08 pm   Permalink

What is the purpose of these curb-side numbers? Something to help the emergency vehicles find your home? Or a handy close-up aid to tell yourself that you are home when you wake up in the morning after having a few too many and falling asleep in the gutter?

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 3:05 pm   Permalink

That is cool!
I wish I had a curb!!!
Actually, I think that is very handy, because I notice alot of folks do not seem to have addresses on their homes,or they are hard to see. I'm a spaz when trying to find a new place, so that is helpful!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 3:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-04 21:08, ikitnrev wrote:
What is the purpose of these curb-side numbers? Something to help the emergency vehicles find your home? Or a handy close-up aid to tell yourself that you are home when you wake up in the morning after having a few too many and falling asleep in the gutter?

Vern

It's for pizza delivery...you don't want them getting lost when they're bringing your dinner!

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 4:55 pm   Permalink

Very nice, where i live in Cerritos, Ca. the city doesnt allow anything other than standard numbers & no pics.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 4:25 pm   Permalink

Someone long ago told me the numbers are so the fire dept. can find your house in case it's on fire and the numbers on the wall are obscured by flames and smoke...tee-hee.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation