FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Beach Festival iv any body attending
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Tiki Beach Festival iv any body attending
Starlite Room

Posted: 2004-08-06 12:45 pm   Permalink

Suggestions on where to stay. We live here in Long Beach so here are some palces but I can't vouch for the conditions since I've never stayed. Belmont Shore Inn Motel is down the beach on Ocean Blvd. by the pier and the Belmont Pool, it's a hike but you could walk all the way down the beach, and it doesn't look real fancy (between a big liquor store and a VONS.) Seaport Marina Hotel is on PCH on the other side of the bay, looks nice, probably a 20-30 minute walk over the brige and through Naples island. A little further down PCH is the Golden Sails Best Western. Hope that helps.

View Profile of Starlite Room Send a personal message to Starlite Room  Email Starlite Room Goto the website of Starlite Room     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-08-10 09:40 am   Permalink

The Smokin' Menehunes will be playing at 12:00 Sunday, come on out and celebrate TIKI!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 12:38 am   Permalink

Makes me sad that I can't attend this tiki event in my old hometown. Will someone drink some rum and pee in the ocean as a tibute to the lost soul of tikirivera...

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:
Will someone drink some rum and pee in the ocean as a tibute to the lost soul of tikirivera...

I will carry the torch for you...we'll be vending Saturday and Sunday.

TCers - Stop by the booth and say "Hi", it'll be great to meet ya'll!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 08:59 am   Permalink

Thanks Tiki Matt! You are going to receive some excellent Karma for doing this! I predict strong sales at your booth, and many
bikini clad women dropping something in front of your booth, then slowly bending over to pick it up...

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 4:56 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, this is going to be a great event!

TCers please stop by the FALLING COCOS booth and say hi to "Weence" and I. Remember TCers get discounts.

Does anyone if King Kukulele is bringing his Freaky Tikis? My 10 year old will be with us. We all think the King rocks.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-08-17 21:26 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 6:52 pm   Permalink

So I have finished the design for the official t-shirt as a sort of last minute thing, but it looks great. I will also be doing a VERY limited edition (30 or fewer) official tiki mug that will sell for $35-$40 each. This is the Macumba design in orange without the shot glass or coaster with the TIKI BEACH FESTIVAL logo in 3D lettering . I will have these in my booth along with some other new stuff and a few $100 tikis!!
The hot rod car exhibition will be led by Von Franco's personal car and a few other choice rides from Long Beach's own car club "the Cavaliers" . Von Franco will be sharing my booth selling his world class wares along with his lovely wife. C'Al is also going to be there spreading his Awesome Tiki Mana as well as the Sugar Caddy and The Farm. The music is dialed in and The King will be there with the Freaky tikis trying out something "NEW"! as well as the Truly Smokin" MENEhunes and the classy Mai Kai Gents. Sat and Sunday will be great with Sunday geared towards the TIKI crowd, but don;t let that stop you from going both days.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-15 11:22 pm   Permalink

Well I got most of my stuff ready bars done a well as these tiki heads made in fiberglass and painted to look like wood and some 4 foot easter iland heads as well as some of my flamed fish mounts should be a blast this comming week .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 12:13 am   Permalink

This is the official T-shirt design(not colors) for the event and will be available for sale there at the TBF merchandise booth along with a Tiki Diablo VERY LIMITED EDITION orange glazed mug(30 pcs total) for $40 ea.

I am rolling out a new design on a black T with cream ink for the fellas. It is the Chi Chi Tee and as usual my T's are naughty but nice . A woman's T will also be available in a different color combo. You will be able to get these in my booth and after the event as well .

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-08-17 00:14 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-17 07:55 am   Permalink

Hey Danny, Cool design for the festval. I've got to have one. My son will want one too. Will you have small sizes, he's 10 yrs old. Will it show the date and location?

Maybe I could whip out a little serigraph before Friday. I'm working on a new one right know called "Tiki Lagoon". We'll have this weekend. You can see it on our website.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-08-17 21:26 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 09:54 am   Permalink

Ok - I know that the Smokin Menehunes are playing at 12pm on Sunday but, what time are the Mai Kai Gents and The Friki Tikis playing? Anybody know?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 11:32 am   Permalink

I'll see you guys there, man I haven't been to the beach since last years LB Tiki Beach Fest.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-19 11:46 am   Permalink

What time is everyone setting up their booth? I'm setting up Friday morning. Maybe we can have a little TC pre party . Maybe Sam's?

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-08-19 11:50 ]

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-19 10:09 pm   Permalink

My wife Nina & I are going to the Belmont Fest on Saturday rather than Sunday. They're advertising "Tiki Carving" Saturday vs "Vendors" Sunday. I think this means some kind of carving demo.

Does anyone know who is doing the demo and what time it will be?

Mahalo, Aaron.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 12:06 am   Permalink

I'll be carving at my booth both days , but am not sure if others will be as well. Gene, you can set up any time you want on Fri. Hope you read this because it was too late to call you tonight.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation