Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Recording Martin Denny records
Recording Martin Denny records
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 1:53 pm   Permalink

In my head I have always figured all the Denny stuff, Exotica, Primitiva, etc. was ut there on CD and so I have not paid much attention to it. I was thinking about maybe recording these records. Am I right? Is it pretty much all availabe on CD?

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 5:28 pm   Permalink

Haven't seen "Martin Denny In Person" on CD yet.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 11:37 am   Permalink

Most of the most popular LP's have been reissued on CD (usually 2 albums per disc, which is a bonus), but not all of his stuff. Most notably Exotic Moog, Latin Village, and A Taste of India have not been re-released (as far as I know).

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 01:54 am   Permalink

Scamp Records released a series of four CDs in the late 1990s, each containing two complete Denny LPs.

These four discs will give you most of the Denny material you'll ever truly need.

There are also about 10 different Denny 'best of' CDs (or so it seems)... but if you have the 4 Scamp discs, you'll have virtually all of the tracks found on any of the compilations.

There is also a disc called Baked Alaska that contains the only known live recording of Denny, from Armed Forces Radio in Alaska!

I found a used one for $6 recently.
Interesting, but not essential.

My advice: But the four Scamp discs, and then make your own CDs of any other LPs you may have left in your collection.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation