[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Baker's Coconut Cut-Up Cakes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Baker's Coconut Cut-Up Cakes
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:06 pm   Permalink

That reminds me of a true story from my days as a Carvel Ice Cream cake decorator. A night club in Toronto (RPM) wanted a cake that looked like their logo. Their logo was black with Neon letters. I suggested using dark fudge for black, but The 'head' cake decorator insisted that if they asked for black, they should GET black... and proceeded to pour about 2 cups of black dye #1 into the icing. I can only imagine what the teeth of all the partygoers looked like that evening...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 12:24 am   Permalink

I have a Scottish terrier and as much as I love him, close proximity tends to engender some pain and consternation. The breed is very cute but also very ornery, and if one is to put one's arm around this black terrier and get a set of fangs sunk in one's forearm, then it is only fitting that its cake representation cause some discomfort and annoyance. Black teeth after eating his cake? But of course. Thus have things always been, and ever will be.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 06:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 20:06, tikifish wrote:
That reminds me of a true story from my days as a Carvel Ice Cream cake decorator.

daaaammmm tikifish, you get to do any cookie pusses? fudgie the whales? tommy turkey? did you guys have the "creepy guy voice" commercials up there?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 06:44 am   Permalink

Oh yeah,I got endless pervy guys who thought they were real funny asking to see my 'cookiepuss'. Keep in mind i was 14 or 15 at the time...

Ewwww.

The awesome thing was, it was a kosher Carvel, but we'd get the same cake molds as every other store, so we'd have to turn the cross shaped confirmation cakes into airplanes, bibles into torahs, wreaths into racecar tires... and I got really good at writing things in hebrew in icing. Ah, this thread is taking me down memory lane!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marcellag

Posted: 2006-04-25 5:54 pm   Permalink

I was trying to follow your link - but was not able - it kept asking me for my password - can you assist?

The whole booklet is here:
http://public.fotki.com/Humuhumu/cut-up_cakes/

View Profile of marcellag Send a personal message to marcellag  Email marcellag     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:43 pm   Permalink

No problem! All of my photo galleries have been moved, and my Cut Up Cakes book is now here:

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/cutupcakes/

Critiki - Critiki News - Ooga-Mooga

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 07:14 am   Permalink

Wow!!! what a blast from the past!!! We had that book when I was a kid and I used to beg my mom for one of those cakes in advance of my birthdays. I know my mom made quite a few of them over the years. I forgot all about them and I am so happy for this thread. Now Ive gotta see if my mom still has that book. I will not rest until I get a copy and I plan to bake each and every one of them. Thank you HumuHumu!!!!

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 07:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-08 06:44, tikifish wrote:
Oh yeah,I got endless pervy guys who thought they were real funny asking to see my 'cookiepuss'. Keep in mind i was 14 or 15 at the time...

Ewwww.

It could've been worse, they could've been asking if your "Cookie O'Puss" was really green for St. Pat's Day! Or to see your "Fudgie the Whale"!

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-05-09 07:33 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-28 12:07 pm   Permalink

I made "Gary Giraffe" (yes, Gary, not Jerry) for Tiki A. Moaikingbird's birthday earlier this month.

Gettin' ready

Cutting up. I didn't have a 9" x 9" cake pan so I used a 9" x 13" pan this giraffe is gonna have a loooong neck.

Assembled.

Frosting.

Applying coconut.

Finished.

Would you like a delicious piece of neck meat?

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation