[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Pisco Capel Bottle into Lamp
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Pisco Capel Bottle into Lamp
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-10 10:11 am   Permalink

woah, great lamp!
My only consolation for missing this thread is that I was in Hawaii at the time.
I think it's time to crack my pisco bottle!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-10 3:56 pm   Permalink

See what you did, now I got to go to the liquor store.. Looks great

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-11 05:49 am   Permalink

Awesome lamp man. I wanna go raid the grog stores right now and start drinking. Actually, that might not be your lamp speaking, but my alcoholic tendencies...

Very cool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

HA! I made one of these, earlier this year. I found one of those bottles at Hi Time and just couldn't resist. I was going to buy some good rum, but just had to get the moai bottle.
I made a lamp out of mine, too, but didn't paint it. That's a really good idea.
I've noticed a few people on TC have used sand or gravel to weigh down lamps made out of bottles, since they tend to be top heavy.
Has anyone out there tried using something like stone slabs or something to create a wider base?
After I made my lamp, I saw a lamp at House of Tiki in Newport Beach made out of a Pisco bottle, too, but the fellow that made that one had used some kind of fake lava rock to make a fairly cool base. It had that resin feel like black CocoJoe's stuff does. Does anyone know about that, or how to make stuff like that?

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 5:19 pm   Permalink

Great Job MM! I need to make one.
Your link doesn't work for that bottle. Do you know the brand of liquor
?

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 5:55 pm   Permalink

It's called Pisco Capel. I think you can get it from Hi Time at this link http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&id=162500&csurl=/iStar.asp?a%3D29
I'm not 100% sure that it's the right one since there's no picture, but it was about a $30 bottle. If the link goes bad, just check www.hitimewine.net and search for "pisco"

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Ape
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 8:55 pm   Permalink

I actually just called them yesterday looking for it and was told that they are out of it.

View Profile of Fez Ape Send a personal message to Fez Ape      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 2:14 pm   Permalink

Can anyone tell me how to drill a hole in a glass bottle without cracking it? What kind of drill bit do I need? Thanks for any advice in advance, I want to make a rum bottle lamp.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation