FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki @ Target
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Tiki @ Target
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 11:26 am   Permalink

Yeesh...
Half-finished clock idea I've been sitting on since before Oasis.
The irony? The clock base is from Target

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2004-07-08 11:27 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 12:56 pm   Permalink

Well,I went to Target today-hoping to pick up some of those fun goodies you all have posted-NADA! Our old Target is turning into a SuperTarget-to compete with the new SuperTarget opening soon nearer to us-it was a complete nightmare-everything where is never was before-no mugs,clocks,signs,or anything.Hopefully,the new Target will have some of those nifty items-yes,they sound like the college-bound dorm stuff,so I hope they have it.At least I came home to a Tiki mug I got on Ebay.Nuts.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 7:08 pm   Permalink

A friend tipped me off to Target tiki items and then I checked in here and of course you guys were already on to it! Thanks to the people who have shared pics...it was fun to see the items before I got a chance to slip into my local Tarjay.

I just got back and picked up the Tiki Lava Lamp (they now only have ONE left) so it does appear to be selling quickly.

I also got one of the SUPER GIGANTIC MONDO lava lamps in shades of blues and greens. Need to go hook that up and see how it looks....

Go to Target...now!

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-08 7:35 pm   Permalink

I stopped at a Target over lunch too. After a first walk through, I thought I would only buy a single tiki mug. But at the last moment I saw a box of these hula girl stringlights http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-3198759-0661405?asin=B00015D0Y2

These were unpriced, so I took a box to one of those self-serve barcode scanners to check the price - and was astounded to see they were only $2.50 per strand of 10 lights. I went back and bought all 5 sets that were on display, so hopefully soon I will have a strand of 50 hula girls all lit up.

I then checked and scanned several other items, and saw they were priced 75% off too - there were no signs indicating that there was an ongoing sale, so most shoppers probably assumed they were still at the original price. I ended up also buying at 75% off prices

- a large 20" x 15" melmac serving tray, with a neat surfer/hula girl cartoon scene on it for $2.25

- 6 colorful melmac cereal bowls with hula girls at the bottom .... 50 cents per bowl.

- 4 sets of the fake bamboo flatware (each set has four knives, spoons and forks) $2.50 per set

I kind of forgot to eat lunch, but it was still a good lunch break.

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2004-07-08 19:37 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-08 8:30 pm   Permalink

I finally gave into temptation and browsed Target for Tiki... Ahh, Tiki everywhere, and some items on Clearance! I didn't get an erection, but I believe my left nipple did get hard...

I ended up with three mugs, a candle (smaller version of a mug), the bamboo "Tiki bar is open" sign, the tiki bobble head, tiki auto deodorizer, and three serving platters. I don't believe anyone has posted the platter pics yet, so here they are:

If anyone's interested, they also have a tropical drink (including tiki) decorated photo album.

[ This Message was edited by: Palm Paunch on 2004-07-08 20:34 ]

View Profile of Palm Paunch Send a personal message to Palm Paunch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Ah-Ha! That must be the print on these sheet sets available from their site. And only $15!
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1089343558/ref=sr_1_2/602-5342740-0881468?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0001MEIRS

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 10:09 pm   Permalink

Sheets for $15? SHEETS?!? WOWsa!

Anybody know if they're in the stores, or only online?

Note to all friends who may visit me in the future; you now know from whence came your sheets on the guest bed

And Vern, you totally scored on the summer sale! My fake bamboo flatware was only 50% off, not 75%! We'll have to have a bake-off or something to decide who ultimately wins this one.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 10:47 pm   Permalink

I too was compelled by TC to hit Target post work. So here's my 24 cents for any fence sitters: I agree with Kono, this stuffs pretty dang good looking for mass produced from a chain store. Yeah, the colors aren't all ideal, and some of the designs are too dorky for big kids but there's a lot of good items.

The mugs are really solid and don't have that sip-n-chip glaze a lot of inexpensive mugs have (like the contemporary KC stuff). Classic looking designs. (As Spy-Tiki pointed out one does look like his hands have been cut off. Creepy.) The deep blue, maroon, and light blue mugs have fairly acceptable colors (the light blue is pretty close to the classic "mermaid" mug). At $4 a pop they're great for everyday/clumsy hands.

The sadly named "Tiki Tok" wall clock is cast in styrene and looks just like carved wood. The Tiki on it is a classic desig, completely sans cheese. The "Tiki Tok" part could easily be covered with a strip of wood, an "ALOHA", or [Your Bar's Name Here].

There's a small dry erase board that is simply framed in plain, real bamboo. With no words or Tikis it's a great drinks specials board for any Tiki bar. For $5 one went home with me.

Oddity: The Tiki board game which looked like Chinese checkers but with small, well designed Tikis instead of marbles.

I'd guess most of you'd like the Lava Lamp (I mean "motion lamp"). There was only one left at my Target, and I figure this stuff went on the floor Tuesday. So rush, before it's 30 bucks on eBay. Target gets in limited supply of seasonal stuffs and usually there's no second shipment.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 01:36 am   Permalink

I thought the Chinese Checkers tiki game was odd too, but they only had one set left so *someone* is buying them. An unusual novelty item.

The lava lamps are appropriately warmed up now so I snapped a pic:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 01:52 am   Permalink

Here's one more photo of just the Tiki Lava lamp that really shows the details.

docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 06:27 am   Permalink

You lucky folks are KILLING me here-there wasn't so much as swizzle stick where I was-foodles.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 07:06 am   Permalink

Check out this tiki TISSUE BOX COVER at Target --

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1089377860/ref=sr_1_1/602-4598333-1627824?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B00008W6QS

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 11:11 am   Permalink

Went to Target this morning and couldn't believe my eyes. I saw at least three different styles of tiki clocks. I saw the extremely large mug and smaller mugs with matching candles. It looked like many of the mugs had been purchased already. I saw small square plates, matching rectangular trays, matching plastic glasses (w/ tiki mug pic), and finally matching napkins. On top of that there was a tiki chalk board with tiki magnets and a similar tiki dry erase board. I also saw multiple tiki lounge signs that can be lit up and have different sayings on each side. There was also a bamboo style "tiki lounge is open" sign. I was surprised by the amount of tiki stuff they had. Oh, by the way did I mention they had pillows with tikis on them? Oh yeah I saw the bobble head tiki - it was really cute!

I guess we may be heading over there tomorrow to make the some purchases of what is there - first I had to see it for myself to believe it.

[ This Message was edited by: SallyandJay on 2004-07-09 11:13 ]

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 11:39 am   Permalink

Went to my Target yesterday and picked up some mugs and candles. I noticed that the Target mugs look just like some Clay Art mugs I bought last year except the quality is not as good. It looks like they made a mold from the Clay Art mugs to make the Target mugs...I don't know much about how mugs are made but see for yourself:

The mugs on the left are the Clay Art mugs, the ones on the right are the Target mugs.

You can see theres a big difference in the depth in the details and the sharper edges on the Clay Art mugs. I bought those at Spencer Gifts last year.

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-07-09 11:40 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 12:06 pm   Permalink

Somewhere in southeast Asia there's a factory knockin' those out for about a nickel a case.
Tiki pirating- it's just wrong!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation