FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving tiki5-0's pics....finally! 8-4-04
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
tiki5-0's pics....finally! 8-4-04
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 12:46 pm   Permalink

i'm a newbie to posting here. i've been checking this site out for a few weeks and am addicted to it. there are sooo many awesome carvers out there. i started a couple months ago and love it. i was bored when we were up in big bear. i found a peice of wood, went and bought a chisel and mallet and have been hooked since. i am currently working on my third one for my sister-in-laws boyfriend's birthday present. i had the chisel slip and stab into my finger on that one. it bled pretty good for about 30 minutes. it's ab out healed up and am ready to get back to work on it. unfortunately, i don't have a camera to take pics, but some friends do, sp maybe i can get them to take some so i can post them. anyways, thanks for all the ideas i've seen here. my house is slowly becoming tiki-fied and i'm loving it.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki5-0 on 2004-08-03 16:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki5-0 on 2004-08-03 16:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki5-0 on 2004-08-04 09:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki5-0 on 2004-08-04 10:21 ]

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 1:34 pm   Permalink

Welcome, and post those pics, Jack!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-06 6:49 pm   Permalink

Welcome... yeah sometimes the tikis like alot blood

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-06 8:59 pm   Permalink

Son...You ain't carved nuttin until you gone and bled on it.

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wushu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-07 05:33 am   Permalink

Howdy, My first tiki left several scars on my person. Tiki Bites someone called them. But like you I am pretty new to the carving thing, its fun. I just finished my third and I'm fixin' to start a new one here soon.

Besta luck, your brother in blood, sweat, and tears,
Rob

View Profile of wushu Send a personal message to wushu  Goto the website of wushu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:13 pm   Permalink

The better you get the better the tiki bites.
The more you carve the more you bleed. Tiki carvers have their scars to prove it. Just don't let a lil blood stop ya'.Can't wait to see your pictures, in the meantime keep carving.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:39 pm   Permalink

thanks for all the encouragement everyone! i will be getting back at in in the next couple days. the cut has healed up enough that it doesn't bother me anymore, so time to get the chisels back out. i will see if i can get some pictures taken this weekend to let all of you interested take a look at my first couple tikis. hopefully there will be many more to come in the future.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 2:04 pm   Permalink

Tiki5-0,

So where's the pics???!!!???

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 2:58 pm   Permalink

i know, i know. i have been slacking majorly with it. i will be finished with my third one tonight. i will be at the in-laws tomorrow night and they have a digital camera. i will take some pics and hopefully be able to get them posted monday or tuesday. i don't have a computer at home, only at work, so i have to wait till then to post them.

8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:48 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear you are healed up. I remember as a Boy Scout we were working on Wood carving merit badge when several of us wound up with Finger-carving merit badge too!

I am new to carving also having only done one tiki before which was actually a restoration job on a vintage tiki.
I just finished my first carving and drew blood only once. I plan to start a thread on it hopefully this weekend.
Already have lots of pics of the evolution.
Should be fun.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:18 pm   Permalink

I just cut the crap out of my finger with a flex-cut. Oh well, a few scars are well worth the use of a good sharp chisel. Besides, a little blood definitely makes the tiki look more authentic!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:19 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, 5-0. Anxiously awaiting your photos!

tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 3:40 pm   Permalink

well, i have a dilema. i have the pics of my tikis, but i am unable to load them on shutterfly to post them. my father-in-law sent them to me and they are in bitmap format, but shutterfly need it to be in jpeg format. is there a way to fix this? i don't know squat about uploading pictures on the internet. i want to get them up, but will need some help with this. thanks!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 6:36 pm   Permalink

Hi Tiki5-0. Just oen your pic's one at a time in any graphix program, even Paint. when you tget the file open, just click on "File" in the upper left and go down to "save As" and click that. it will come up with a default name and location and where it says XXX .bitmap. just change it to .jpg and click OK. that should save the pic as a jpg. Then go to shutterfly and follow the steps to upload yoour jpeg pix.
Hope this helps

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-04 09:18 am   Permalink

thanks benzart!

my 3 so far-in order from left to right

first one

second one

third one

let me know what you think.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation