FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Who Wants to Meet 'Bong' at Tiki Ti, Wed July 14th?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Who Wants to Meet 'Bong' at Tiki Ti, Wed July 14th?
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-07-07 09:58 am   Permalink

(That was 'meet', not 'beat'.)

Hey, if you haven't met 'Bong', I know you've asked yourself many times "who is this annoying a-hole?, I'd sure like to find this jerk and kick his...".

Anyway, I don't like to admit this, but I've never been to Tiki Ti!

Gasp, arrgghh, how could that be? How could someone that has seemingly done every freaking thing, owns every bit of Hawaiiana, thinks he knows it all, NOT have been to Tiki Ti?

Well, this government slouch is taking next week off! Yee Haw!

And after next Wednesday, I'll be an authoritative reference for all things Tiki Ti! (reasonable rates).

So, if you missed out meeting John Wayne (Gacy), Frank Sinatra, or any other notible in the history of this here planet, here's you chance to see what all the getting booted for periods of time off TC is all about!

Tiki Bong will be at Tiki Ti on Wednesday July 14th, as soon as it opens (or closes).

Oh yeah, I need a ride from Orange County (both ways), I'll need some spending cash to treat the house, and most of all, I'll need someone to prop up my bruised ego.

***** Please do not all post at once about this special offer, as the overload of data just might take the server down!*****

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 10:18 am   Permalink

Bong, I will gladly offer my sevices of body-guard as it may be prudent to have some bulk close to your person for the adoring fans, and your un-adoring ones alike.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-07 11:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 09:58, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Hey, if you haven't met 'Bong', I know you've asked yourself many times "who is this annoying a-hole?, I'd sure like to find this jerk and kick his...".

Hey--who wants to have their teeth pulled!?!? Meeting Bong is almost the same!!!
Just kidding, Bong is a great guy.....in person.
I've got an idea--how about a Bong "roast" during the SoCal International Tiki Day event??
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 11:47 am   Permalink

Unfortunately I cannot. Strangely enough I've never been to the Tiki Ti either, & I lived in Hollywood for about 10 years! I've wanted to go there since at least the late-'80s! I passed it often, but seemingly only when it was closed. I think I went past it once when it was open & I had to be somewhere else & didn't have time to stop in.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:44 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:40 pm   Permalink

So, if no one gives you a ride, you're not going?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:43 pm   Permalink

So Bong, you want to do this on the bastille day (the french revolution day)?? Can I come ??

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:45 pm   Permalink

Who wants to meet 'Bong' in a dark alley?

If there are any folks on this side of the Orange Curtain who haven't yet met Bong, I gotta say, come on out. Bong's a heck of a guy, and once you've had the pleasure of meeting him, it's much easier to read his posts and get the spirit in which they are intended.

Considering much of our conversation at Tiki-Ti is arguments about who's buying drinks for whom, I'd say you'll be just fine, Bong. I'll happily buy you a drink. If you get into the spirit of it and decide to buy a drink for someone else, there's an ATM next door at the mexican restaurant.

See you then.

Bastard.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 3:43 pm   Permalink

I met the man, and I wasn’t impressed.

Bummed not to make it.
I'll be down next month Bongster, so save some liver cells for me!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-07-07 3:59 pm   Permalink

I can probably get a ride, as I never drive when drinking (much).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Kissing Bunny

Posted: 2004-07-07 4:29 pm   Permalink

Well, I for one am looking forward to finally meeting you, Tiki Bong.

My girlfriends and I happened to be at the Purple Orchid when the Smokin' Menehunes were playing some months ago. A nice gentleman in a Hawaiian shirt told us about Tiki Central and I've been lurking on-an-off for a while now.

I think your posts are witty and refreshingly acerbic - like good lemon-meringue pie. I also love the way your strong hands masterfully caress the body of your lap-steel guitar.

If you say hi at the Tiki Ti, I may just have to explain the meaning of my username to you. I know you're married, but that usually doesn't stop me.

Kisses,

View Profile of The Kissing Bunny Send a personal message to The Kissing Bunny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 4:41 pm   Permalink

Yikes! Run, Bong, it's a trap!!!!

Anyway, I'M the number one Bong groupie around here (with all accorded deference to the lovely Madame Bong, of course).

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 5:00 pm   Permalink

Good Grief. How much more Bong Nosing.. I mean brown nosing can we stand.

He wants someone to pick him up, drive him to a restaurant and buy him free drinks and you all are falling over eachother to head up the fan club.

Did I miss something here?

Bongs going soft. Just a nice guy poser now.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 5:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 17:00, Monkeyman wrote:
Did I miss something here?

Yes... yes, you did.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-07 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 16:29, The Kissing Bunny wrote:
Well, I for one am looking forward to finally meeting you, Tiki Bong.
I also love the way your strong hands masterfully caress the body of your lap-steel guitar.

I may just have to explain the meaning of my username to you. I know you're married, but that usually doesn't stop me.

Kisses,

ZAZZ or Yikes or "I'm there"! kidding
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation