FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » MTV or MTV2 - which one u like?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
MTV or MTV2 - which one u like?
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:27 pm   Permalink

Just wondering what you guyz think. If you had to choose between the 2 for viewing which do you pick?
BONUS - after you choose what TV Channel would you like to view BESIDES one of the 2 music channels? - hopefully music related.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:32 pm   Permalink

Neither

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:48 pm   Permalink

i like to play C-SPAN while blasting the Baja Marimba Band...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-07-07 13:57 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 1:45 pm   Permalink

neither. VH-1 CLASSIC.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 1:49 pm   Permalink

I prefered MTV2 when it was called M2 and only played cool indie videos. Now it's just MTV lite. I recently got Fuse expecting the best, but found out that while it does play music all day long, it only plays Britney Spears and Usher.

I also am a fan of VH1Classics, but my favorite channel has to be Tech TV.

-g-

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:13 pm   Permalink

There are music channels on TV?? Hmm. How 'bout that...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 2:45 pm   Permalink

What's the one with good music again ?? Ah, no, sorry, i forgot...neither.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 5:40 pm   Permalink

You know the shit both MTV's play is actually considered music? When did all genres of popular music suddenly start sucking? I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis than watch either MTV's or even listen to the crap on the radio for that matter! As for favorites I'd have to say the Discovery Channel and my current obsession the Food Network - god am I feeling old...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis....

I think MTV showed that video.. I think it was Morbid Angel.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Danno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis . . .

You're in luck! You can do that on Fear Factor!!

[ This Message was edited by: Dano on 2004-07-07 20:06 ]

View Profile of Danno Send a personal message to Danno      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 10:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 20:00, Unkle John wrote:
Quote:

I'd rather drink blood from a severed sheep's penis....

I think MTV showed that video.. I think it was Morbid Angel.

You sure it wasn't Mayhem?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 10:39 am   Permalink

I first saw MTV in the Cambridge branch of Newbury Street Comics. They showed loads of appalling English new wave bands like Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo. I didn't see it again until I ended up in the house of some country yokel types whose brain cells had all popped from massive cider and hashish intake. This must have been about 20 years later.

I'm so glad that during those 20 years I had something better to do than watch MTV.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 1:17 pm   Permalink

there aint no rockabilly on that there crap-tv....neither!!

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 1:29 pm   Permalink

which raises the question, if there WAS a rockabilly channel, or a tiki channel, or whatever, would we watch it, or instead chafe about how they are doing it too commercially?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-10 9:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-09 10:39, Trader Woody wrote:
I first saw MTV in the Cambridge branch of Newbury Street Comics. They showed loads of appalling English new wave bands like Duran Duran and Kajagoogoo.

When I was 13, I used to watch MTV through all the squiggly lines until our cable company finally added it to Basic. I was hooked. I watched it all day long on weekends and during summer vacation. My favorite band was Split Enz (still is, actually) and I would sit in front of the TV waiting for them to play I Got You, History Never Repeats, Six Months in a Leaky Boat, etc. I didn't watch it much after they broke up in 1985, but when Neil put Crowded House together in '86, I was hooked again. I gave it up for good in '87 when I started college.

And hey, I liked Duran Duran.

Wow. This felt like an over share. Please don't publicly mock me.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation