advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clay Tiki Lamp
Clay Tiki Lamp
wukus126

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:11 pm   Permalink

I've just recently started getting into everything tiki... and i'm designing my bedroom as a tiki bar. Last year, i was a freshman in highschool and i was in a pottery class. one of the assignments was to make a lamp, so being fascinated with tiki, i created my own unique face which i later turned into the base for my lamp. This took me a lot of time because i couldn't quite find the perfect shade. then my mom bought this one and i don't think it looks to bad! (constructive criticism much appreciated)

[ This Message was edited by: wukus126 on 2004-07-07 20:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wukus126 on 2004-07-07 20:12 ]

View Profile of wukus126 Send a personal message to wukus126      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-07 20:11, wukus126 wrote:
I've just recently started getting into everything tiki... Last year, I was a freshman in highschool and I'm designing my bedroom as a tiki bar. (constructive criticism much appreciated)
<

You are now a softmore in highschool and your building a tiki bar in your bedroom?
ROCK ON DUDE!
I wish I did.

And oh ya, nice lamp.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 8:52 pm   Permalink

I now have faith in the future! Keep it up! I'm sure you'll find much inspiration here on TC!

www.thetackytiki.com

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 10:53 pm   Permalink

Niiice!!!

Why not make your own shade; you've obviously got the game for it...say out of bamboo or something? BTW,when are you gonna do up a tiki mug???

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 12:01 am   Permalink

Bless you, child. It brings mist to the geezer's eyes to see tiki so strong in a young one.

Constructive criticism? Lamp shade bigger, more polynesian. Base smaller, browner.

That my own children had such talent! Sigh...

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 08:29 am   Permalink

Look at some of the homemade lighting threads here, especially this one:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=7482&forum=7&58

You could probably make your own lampshade based on ideas in that thread.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 1:01 pm   Permalink

Wukus126-welcome!Enjoy TikiCentral,but if you join in the discussion on the drinks forum,your parents will be informed.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wukus126

Posted: 2004-07-08 6:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the replies guys! yes, i'm sure that i've found the right place for inspiration to re-decorate my bedroom. thanks for the tips Santa's Sin, i will definetly keep that in mind when i go to make a new one. FreddieFree, those lamps are so awesome! i might just have to make one of those too!

View Profile of wukus126 Send a personal message to wukus126      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 1:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-08 18:48, wukus126 wrote:
thanks for the tips Santa's Sin

So, you been reedemed to Santa eh?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation