[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » 2004 Tour de France
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2004 Tour de France
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 10:05 am   Permalink

I know there are some cyclist out there watching everyday on OLN channel like me. Well their on Stage 4 of the Tour, and Lance has taken the Yellow Jersey early this year. Team U.S. Postal also has won a time trial! Looking forward to the mountain stages soon. For up-to-date info goto

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/specials/tour_de_france/2004/

Tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 10:28 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiBird for the update. While on vacation this last week we were visiting family with great cable coverage on the race but now back home we have no coverage. The site is great and I imagine I will be checking it regularly.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 11:04 am   Permalink

I watched some of the Tour over the weekend, and I think I saw more of Lance during the commercials than I did during the race coverage!

This week I'm paying more attention to the Olympic swimming trials -- my cousin is in several events.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 11:41 am   Permalink

Of course The Pineapples are glued to LTDF - we found out just before the race that OLN was added to our basic cable - Woo-hoo! All Tour all the time! We'll be missing it next week while on vacation, but will be back home for the mountain sections.

Yeah, the commercials are ultra-repetitive and all seem to feature Lance, but that's preferrable to most (or all) other commercials.

Go Postal! Wait, I mean, Go Lance!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 5:00 pm   Permalink

I've always appreciated OLN for their occasional airing of surfing programs but those damn commercials are enough to drive you away - not necessarily the content but the frequency! A couple weeks ago they aired a mini-documentary about Bruce Brown's Endless Summer and they broke away for commercials every 5 minutes! I eventually got tired of watching Lance Armstrong in Subaru ads so I turned it off!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-08 9:44 pm   Permalink

The Tour is probably my favorite racing to watch. The commentators are the best. Great programming and these guys are the best racing out there. Been a Lance fan since he came back from cancer. Go USPS and hopefully number 6 for Lance!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiEAMES
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-08 10:39 pm   Permalink

Huge fan of the tour as well as Cycling. Had the big opportunity to ride with Lance for a very short amount of time at the first Ride for the Roses. That was before he won the first tour, and in the crit that year he didn't even win it. Phil Ligget the commentator can make just about anything seem interesting. We've really seen nothing yet, stay tuned as stages 13, 15-17 will determine the winner. They are a little less than two weeks away. You can't beat a mountain time trial with a stick especially when it ends on L'Alpe Duhez. Go Lance, and go TIKI. This is a great site. Just bitten by the tiki bug. Found the hardcover book of tiki at half price books for 4.98.

View Profile of tikiEAMES Send a personal message to tikiEAMES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 07:50 am   Permalink

Is Sheryl Crow still winning? I keep hearing them mention her name.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 09:31 am   Permalink

I also like the tour, and watching it every year since i'm a kid
I also like to go at the arrival at the Champs d'Elysées.
And god, they're going real fast, it's hard to imagine it from the TV...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 12:57 pm   Permalink

Lance looked great today, tommorow he will take the lead. Only Basso can challenge him from here on I think.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 1:37 pm   Permalink

Basso may challenge but I think from the sounds of how fresh Lance looks he will not really be challenged, unless some unforseen event takes place he will make history and chumps of a lot of naysayers (screw you Lemond!)

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 1:44 pm   Permalink

Absolutely TT, I put the odds at 98% Lance, 2% Basso 0% anyone else. Voeckler is puting up a class fight though. Jan looked the worst of the top 20 riders. lemond is pathetic.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 2:21 pm   Permalink

Wow everyone is counting Jan Ulrich already! Its a long way to Paris, it just takes 1 good fall. Looking forward to the next several stages.

Tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 2:26 pm   Permalink

One of the things that makes Lance so good is his ability to aviod falling and when he does minimizing the loss, also perhaps his greatest asset of all is the way he recoveries from injury. Jan will likely improve as the tour goes on as he always does, but he was horrible today and is now 4 minutes back, I really don't see him having any chance at all.

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 2:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-16 14:26, McDougall wrote:
One of the things that makes Lance so good is his ability to aviod falling and when he does minimizing the loss

Does anyone here know if Lance has broken his collarbone(s)? It's supposed to be a rite of passage for cyclists.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation