FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki 2004 Tour de France
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2004 Tour de France
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 2:42 pm   Permalink

Dont get me wrong McDougall i want Lance to win & go into the record books but having Jan give him a run would be great, if ya watched the Tour last year, man that was great, when Jan was going for it & fell in the last stage going into Paris. Jan makes Lance better, but damn Jan is like the Buffalo Bills of Cycling, always coming up short for the last 5 years. Gotta be heart breaking.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 10:06 am   Permalink

tiki bird's right...we need some excitation, and rivals, or this is just gonna be boring. But, hey, we all know who's gonna win...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 5:33 pm   Permalink

Well today is the last rest day. Lance has won stage 13, and is currently in 2nd place overall, 22 seconds behind the leader. You really see that Lance loves the mountain stages, hes made up over 9 minutes. At this rate he will probably be wearing the yellow jersey for the last 6 stages.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 5:59 pm   Permalink

I hear you guys about good competition being exciting and I think Iban Basso is actually providing that this year, he is very close to Lance, much like Jan was last year. Over the last 5 years the tours Lance has won have provided excitement beyond words and Jan is a large part of that. This year for me the most exciting part is watching what I consider to be the most difficult and prestigous sporting event being dominated by perhaps the best athlete ever. I love it, can't wait for the time trail on Wensday which I recommend everyone watch, it will be classic I promise.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiEAMES
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-19 9:22 pm   Permalink

Agreed anything can happen any day on the tour. I guess one of the guys got knocked out of the race by a stray dog. Basso may hang in the mountains. But he would shock the world to win in the flat time trial. You don't see an expert at both disciplines. Indurain would win time trials but I don't remember any dominate mountain stages. Lance is dominating in both.

we shall all see very soon.

View Profile of tikiEAMES Send a personal message to tikiEAMES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 09:33 am   Permalink

LANCE TAKES THE YELLOW! He saved himself for the later stages and here he is, ready to win it all again. It is good to see Basso and Jan close to him though.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 09:52 am   Permalink

Lance won stage 15, but CNN/SI doesnt have the overall times, does anybody know?

Tbird

Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 10:19 am   Permalink

Lance in yellow.

Basso is about 1:30 behind Lance, with the time trial coming up tomorrow.

Basso is supposedly a lousy time trialer, but it's a hill climb.

Should be a good one!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 11:11 am   Permalink

****SPOILER****
DONT READ IF YOUR PLANING TO WATCH OLN'S AIRING OF STAGE 16!
****SPOILER****

Lance won stage 16 time trials, he's now has a 3 minutes 48 seconds lead over Basso. With 3 more mountain stages, which Lance is unbeatable, and if he doesnt fall hard, Lance will be the 2004 Tour de France Champion!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI BIRD on 2004-07-21 11:19 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 12:36 pm   Permalink

He deserves a ticker tape parade!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-21 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-20 09:52, Tiki Bird wrote:
Lance won stage 15, but CNN/SI doesnt have the overall times, does anybody know?

Tbird

To know it all, check out :

http://www.letour.fr/index.html

There's an english version.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 10:31 am   Permalink

Lance is crushing them. Ullrich had nothing for him. A great finish, but I wish Landis had been able to win. Richard Virenque was excellent as well. King of the mountains! Good for him!

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 10:38 am   Permalink

After winning three mountain stages, finishing second to Basso in the other, and being at the front of the peloton whenever there is a hill, I can't figure out how Lance isn't in a yellow jersey with red polka dots!

I wonder if the race leader is not allowed to be both.

I guess I have more learnin' to do about those mountain points they give out.

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 11:05 am   Permalink

Oh, man, that finish was great this morning! Everyone thought Kloedis had taken the stage and I was stunned to see Lance kick in the afterburners and overtake him so swiftly and powerfully. Great stuff.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-22 10:38, Geeky Tiki wrote:
After winning three mountain stages, finishing second to Basso in the other, and being at the front of the peloton whenever there is a hill, I can't figure out how Lance isn't in a yellow jersey with red polka dots!

I wonder if the race leader is not allowed to be both.

I guess I have more learnin' to do about those mountain points they give out.

I with you, will research more on this. Now going to stage 18 with a 4 minutes 9 seconds lead, Lance just has to watch out & ride safe. Does anybody know what Jan's trailing by?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-07-22 11:15 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation