FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Lounge in Ludington, Mi.?
Tiki Lounge in Ludington, Mi.?
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 12:55 pm   Permalink

OK, I'm going to Ludington, Mi., to officiate at my son's re-marriage ceremony & Feelin' Zombified mentioned that there was a place called Tiki Lounge there. He said Mrs. Zombified's been there & it's listed in Tiki Road Trip, but I don't have a copy of the book. I see the place listed on the Tiki Bar Review Pages, but just the name, city & state, no address, and I'm not finding anything in any Internet Yellow Pages searches.

Does anyone have any info on this place? an actual address & phone #? Is it still open?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 1:03 pm   Permalink

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.stearnsmotorinn.com/tiki.htm
http://www.stearnsmotorinn.com/
http://www.stearnsmotorinn.com/stearns.htm

"Ludington's premiere[sic] nightclub!"
"10-foot video screens"
"$1 longnecks"

Lemme know if you find any tikis hiding in there.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-09 13:12 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 2:59 pm   Permalink

Duh! That's almost the only Hotel in town, I stayed there! I don't remember any Tikis, but it's been 10 years. I seem to remember minor Parrot Head-ness, a tiny Disco dance floor and cheap Bud Longnecks. Can Mrs. Zombified or anyone else verify? I'll take notes & pictures while I'm in town.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-09 8:30 pm   Permalink

OK, this is what I know. A few years ago, the Mrs. was vacationing with her best friend and I get a call saying, "Hey, there's a tikibar here." So I ask for details and she says that they have not gone in yet.

I just asked her again and she never actually went in (gee, some great detective work, Humph!) But she *thinks* she remembers some tikis around the entry door. How's that for details !

Funny thing is, she was supposed to go back up there with the same friend in April, and I was going to load her up with a fresh roll of film, but they never went.

It's up to you now, FF. Don't let us down.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-18 06:42 am   Permalink

Hey Freelance,

Anything to report?

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-20 6:44 pm   Permalink

FZ, I posted an update in Beyond Tiki (where my original post was). Here's a quote of the Tiki Lounge portion of the post:
Quote:
Tiki Lounge, Stearns Motor Inn, 212 E Ludington Ave., Ludington, Mi. (231) 843-340

Much more Tiki than I remembered, with lots of masks, Tiki barstools, Tapa cloth on the walls, enough Pufferfish lamps to count as a Pufferfish Chandalier, and what looks like a nice Witco on one wall. On the down side, don't bother to order a Mai Tai. The bartender pretty much only serves longnecks & the house specialty: the Shark Attack. A Shark Attack tastes like Kool Ade or Gatorade with vodka & light rum added, and it's serverd in a fishbowl with a rubber shark & a couple plastic fish. I drank 3 & was hardly buzzed. Compare this with barely being able to walk straight after 1 Dr. Wong's Tonic at Lotus Garden. I tried to meet the owner of the lounge, but the bouncer kept putting me off saying he'd be in "in an hour." After almost 3 hours of this answer we left the locals to their Buds.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation