FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Vinyl Records Decoration?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Vinyl Records Decoration?
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 6:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-11 12:41, Unkle John wrote:
ABC Distributors has some frames for sale pretty cheap. My wife's compnay orders from them all the time, so we ordered 10 pairs. Hey I have alot of records and $5.95 is a great deal for a pair! You get a choice of silver, black or dark walnut for the frame color.

heres the url: http://www.abcdistributing.com/store/074OF1/324b.cfm?q=album%20frames&prevIndex=0&nextIndex=2&t=2&cart=

Hey Unkle John

I went to order those frames and it looks they sell to companies only. Anyway, I made up a company name and planned on going through the checkout process until I got to the payment part to see what shipping would be but they said Thanks for Your Order! And will be sending me an invoice along with the goods!

But it said that if any of your info is not verified the order will be cancelled.

Hmmmmm....I wonder what will happen??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 9:09 pm   Permalink

hmm that's odd.... I guess I could take orders and have my wife get them

not to gloat, but I'm glad I find those frames (and of course passed the savings onto you guys and gals) because I got the new catalog from Urban Outfitters (you know the guys who couldn't ship the El Bastardo mugs correctly in a different Thread)they are selling A (one) record frame, only in black for $15 (plus shipping) IMHO.. what a rip off!

P.S. I just talked to my wife about the company deal, she said they probably want a whole seller #

-one man aspiring to be everyone’s favorite unkle.
www.unklejohn.com

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John on 2004-07-13 21:12 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 8:41 pm   Permalink

Tikibars, it's not often that I say this but "You've got too much stuff!"

Thanks Unkle John! I got my frames today. For $32.67 (incl S/H and taxes) I got eight walnut album frames. At just over $4 a frame I may have to order a bunch more. I'll do an album cover beauty pageant and see how many worthy contestants don't make the top eight.

The frames are just a hair on the cheap side (mostly the finish) but hey, I like slightly beat up thrift store frames and plus, these are wood. I prefer an imperfect wood frame over a perfect metal frame any day. Thanks again for the tip!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 9:34 pm   Permalink

you guys and gals are most welcome.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 10:02 am   Permalink

my fave are my old Jackie Gleason records "Music to make her Misty" is fantastic.....! need some frames though...had my office decorated at work..now I've got a new gig, so I get to do it all over again!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:36 pm   Permalink

For those who would like to hang record albums on their cubicle walls at work, Groovey Art makes a great plastic frame that you can stick some self-adhesive velcro to. It is the only frame I found that was light enough to hold a record and still stick to the fuzzy cubicle wall. The metal frames were too heavy and the velcro was unable to support them.

http://grooveyart.com/demo.htm

Two long strips of velcro attached to the back of the frame at the top and bottom work fine. These frames allow me to easily change the theme of my cubicle each month, according to what I find at garage sales and in my collection at home. This week: Drum Majorettes

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 3:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-30 12:36, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
This week: Drum Majorettes

Odd fetish there, Tim.

Do you listen to these?

I imagine they'd be just short of unbearable...?

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 7:21 pm   Permalink

Sabu, you are a very complex and intriguing person. Seriously.

tikbars, have you ever written any tiki related pieces for any of the Chicago papers?

Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 9:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-07-30 12:36, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

sabu - you are my idol.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robotparts
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-04 10:18 am   Permalink

Found a great record mounting tip last night at the following link:

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/lifestyle/record.php

Wal-Mart has square 14" x 14" frames that amost fit a record perfectly. I bought 5 frames last night at $7.99 a piece. Still 1/2 of what they cost at Michael's.

I will be putting a black burlap backing on the appx. 1/2" gap around the records. Joann's has burlap in several colors @ $3 a yard.

Enjoy!
Max aka DJ Mexstacy

View Profile of robotparts Send a personal message to robotparts  Goto the website of robotparts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-12 07:36 am   Permalink

Michael's Crafts has LP frames on sale 2 for $10 this week (6/12 - 6/18) which is a great price.

(Haven't actually seen them so I can't vouch for the quality.)

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade on 2005-06-12 07:37 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-12 07:57 am   Permalink

Check out pg. 32 of Tiki Magazine for album cover wall art from Al & Shelley's Lagoon Room. I think the bamboo or (if you've got the bread) carved Koa wood frame is the way to go.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-12 2:32 pm   Permalink

I just read an article in the local paper about a women who turns LP's into purses. She welds them somehow and sells them for $70-130 but I would wager our tiki ohana can do a better a cheaper job with a clear plastic form ...

any creative ohana out there know how to do this?

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-01 09:48 am   Permalink

Urban Outfitters is selling their album frames at 2 for $22 right now, just thought I'd give a heads up.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-17 06:33 am   Permalink

Quote:
Check out pg. 32 of Tiki Magazine for album cover wall art from Al & Shelley's Lagoon Room. I think the bamboo or (if you've got the bread) carved Koa wood frame is the way to go.

I've been looking for the bamboo frames to hang a couple of albums. Anyone know where they can be found?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation