FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Orchids of Hawaii lamps (image heavy)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Orchids of Hawaii lamps (image heavy)
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-16 02:13 am   Permalink

More pics from last year....this variation on the dodecahedron lamp - resin panels with a design instead of starfish inclusions - is at Kon Tiki in Tucson.

Also at Kon Tiki...I'm pretty sure the one in the foreground is Orchids of Hawaii...not so sure about the wall lamp behind (OA, maybe?)

These are at Omni Hut in Smyrna, TN.

Omni Hut also has an big, multi-paneled (seahorse panels) wheel-shaped lamp. I think I have a pic of it somewhere.
Swanky posted some nice pics of Omni Huts Orchids lamps here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4949&forum=2&hilite=omni%20hut Their dodecahedron lamp is like the one Tikiskip bought from Kahiki.

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope 2005-12-16 02:29 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 2:53 pm   Permalink

Here are a few photos of the BL113 and the BL112. They are from the kahiki.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 4:20 pm   Permalink

Heres a few more. They are also kahiki.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 4:38 pm   Permalink

Beautiful lamps, all of them.

I've also been trying to find out what those polygon bamboo lamps are called. According to the online store below, the implication is they would be called simply "bamboo hanging lights":

http://www.myriahs.com/publishhome/lights.html

I got several photos of them in Disneyland's Adventureland 3 years ago, when sitting in the Tiki Room front courtyard, zooming around the grounds with my new camera & telephoto lens. Some were hanging from the Tiki Room building itself, others were on the balconies across the walkway from the Tiki Room in the 2-story buildings. I've got the photos around here somewhere, but as with all my other things, they would probably take days to find. Still, if anybody's especially interested I'll try to find them and post them.

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 06:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-16 02:13, tikijackalope wrote:

The Pizza Oom-Mow-Mow restaurant in Disney's California Adventure has a number of these hanging from the ceiling.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-01-27 06:51 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 3:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Those starfish embedded with the bits of blue glass in the windows are probably Crown of Thorns Starfish since they each have twenty-three arms:

That's a Sunflower Starfish:
http://www.nwmarinelife.com/htmlswimmers/p_helianthoides.html

A Crown of Thorns starfish is very spiny and venomous, and I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to try to make a lamp out of one:
http://www.divegallery.com/crownofthorns.htm

Just some technical info for the record. We must'nt get our starfish species wrong.

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 06:48 am   Permalink

Here are some BL112 & BL113s Installed in my friends bar, In columbus ohio. They are from kahiki. The bar is more pirate than tiki, but I'm working on him.

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 11:40 am   Permalink

Cool!
The lamps are great. I love the pirate/tiki crossover.
I have a big treasure chest I'm about to set up in my living room.

Soon I'll be posting pictures of my big chest it's overflowing booty.
Yar!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 12:51 pm   Permalink

Once I tiki up the place I wiil post more pic's.

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 07:10 am   Permalink

Hey TJL,
Any chance you could restore the pics on the first page of this thread? I would really love to see them--I need some heavy inspiration for some upcoming lamp projects I have in mind. Thanks, bro.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:12 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-16 3:33 pm   Permalink

I think that these are Orchids of Hawaii lamps. They look like they were intended to be hardwired and they have grounding wires. Missing shades though.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-10 7:50 pm   Permalink

Octoganal Orchids of Hawaii

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation