Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Fake Thunderstorms
Fake Thunderstorms
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 10:03 am   Permalink

Hey ya all, I've been looking, listening and just observing for some time. I've also been carving a couple of of fat little fellows about 5ft high and happy as can be.
So I'll post them as soon as I figure this all out. I find that building a V-8 engine is easier than this computer, but thats my background. Anyway, I ran a search on past topics with no luck, anyone know where I can find info. on those fake thunderstorms. Even the cheap steups like at some grocery stores would do me good. Gotta a bar in mind and man, and if its cheesy and noisy, then brother, I gotta have it. Thanks for any help. I gotta run, boss is comin.........

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 10:29 am   Permalink

Try this link:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=8302&forum=1

There's lots of ideas here from johntiki.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 5:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you very much Mr. Freddie!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 5:11 pm   Permalink

freddie knows all...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dack Sambo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-13 5:21 pm   Permalink

What a totally cool idea!

Like the thunder and rain at the enchanted tiki room??

View Profile of Dack Sambo Send a personal message to Dack Sambo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 5:24 pm   Permalink

Go to the metal section in Home Depot where all the rainspouts are and so forth --

You'll so find a stack of steel or tin sheets -- about 4' by 4' -- and when I was examining one it made a very distintive thunderstorm-type booming every time I turned it one way or another. About $10 per sheet, as I recall.

It's how they used to make thunder in the old theaters. Hang the sheet by your bar (or disguise) and when a guest enters or they just like they're being lame and deserve, give it a good rattle or whack it with stick!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation