Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki items at Menards
Tiki items at Menards
Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-13 12:26 pm   Permalink

Got a "7 Tiki Patio Light Kit" today at menards on sale for $6.00: It contains 6" tall multi-colored Tikis, including the light set. Made by Enchanted Gardens, a company that markets a lot of garden statuary and decorations.

Also picked up scented pineapple and coconut candles (on sale for $2.50). They look like someone took a pineapple and coconut, cut them in half and stuck a wick in. The wax inside has the color and texture of the fruit (and smells like the fruit). Sort of neat.

I'll try to post pics tonight.

[ This Message was edited by: Palm Paunch on 2004-07-13 21:48 ]

View Profile of Palm Paunch Send a personal message to Palm Paunch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:04 pm   Permalink

In what state was that?

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:32 pm   Permalink

This was in Iowa. I believe that the Menards stores are located basically in the mid west.

View Profile of Palm Paunch Send a personal message to Palm Paunch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:45 pm   Permalink

Menards is Il, Ia & I think In, maybe Wi, too?

I think I saw the same items in Dixieline here in San Diego the other day. I wa sgetting a key made & didn't have time to look closer.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 1:51 pm   Permalink

Yep I live in Wisconsin so I was thinking about getting some to add to the raffle for the WI. Tiki Event, mahalo.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-13 8:57 pm   Permalink

Here are the pictures of the tiki lights and coconut and pineapple candles:

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 09:56 am   Permalink

The Tiki lights are the same as the Pic-n-Save/Big Lots lights I bought a couple months ago, I saw a different set in Dixieline. Be careful with where you put the cord, mine said they used a lead-based flux in their solder; keep the cord away from food & drinks and away from pets or kids who might chew on it. You won't get alot of lead off the cord, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-14 12:20 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info, FFL.

Palm Paunch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-24 11:04 pm   Permalink

Here's a Tiki Totem Candle from Menards -- three candles in one package:

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation