FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sew Tiki!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Sew Tiki!
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 11:07 pm   Permalink

Sweeet machine!

Those things cost a bundle, all I've got is a 1949 Kenmore that does my machine quilting like a hot damn, but that's it. Have fun with it!

I know you can simplify images in photoshop, take them down to 6 colours or something more managable. Have fun! I can't wait to see an original!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 11:42 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 08:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-13 20:34, cynfulcynner wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-13 18:59, Kono wrote:
You could take digital pics of mugs and tikis and use PSP to soften the image and get rid of the background and then import that into your software.

It's not as simple as it sounds. I downloaded the Tiki Central logo and ran it through my digitizing software, and it told me I would need *63* colors of thread!

Digitizing line art and solid colors is pretty easy, but it gets really complex when any shading is involved. I'm not saying it can't be done; I have great admiration for the people who do this for a living.

Cyn, you could reduce the color palette of the image before feeding it into the digitizing software, that shoud reduce the number of thread colors involved.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 08:36 am   Permalink

Is this what you are doing with that new fancy machine, making "sassypants"?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63854&item=5308520097&rd=1

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 08:44 am   Permalink

For some reason I'm picturing every TC'er having their own custom cocktail napkins. How cool. Sounds like a nice side project

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 09:59 am   Permalink

THOU SHALT NOT COVET THY NEIGHBOR'S SHMANCY SEWING MACHINE...
Oh, but I do, I've been wanting one of those for eons.
Hey, wasn't weird unc looking for someone to embroider shirts for the Mai Kai Gents? Should make sure he knows about your new toy.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-14 08:36, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Is this what you are doing with that new fancy machine, making "sassypants"?

Yeah, but mine are going to say:

LICK BUSH
POUND DICK

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 11:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2004-07-14 11:05, cynfulcynner wrote
Yeah, but mine are going to say:

LICK BUSH
POUND DICK

I'LL BUY A PAIR OF THOSE!!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 9:19 pm   Permalink

No political comments please.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wushu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-15 6:27 pm   Permalink

wicked needle work, impressive, design, impressive lookin' machine

View Profile of wushu Send a personal message to wushu  Goto the website of wushu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-10 2:32 pm   Permalink

bump:
hey cynn ~ have you made anything lately? been thinking of your fancypants machine..

elicia

ps: i borrowed the sew easy book from the library.. guess i should try out my vintage sewing machine soon!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 2:51 pm   Permalink

Pretty fancy machine!

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-10 14:32, dogbytes wrote:
hey cynn ~ have you made anything lately? been thinking of your fancypants machine..

I've done some more embroidery (it's getting easier) -- I need to post the pictures. Right now I am working on my Halloween costume, but I can't say what it is yet because it's still classified.

Quote:

ps: i borrowed the sew easy book from the library.. guess i should try out my vintage sewing machine soon!

Were the patterns included?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-09-10 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-09-10 14:55, cynfulcynner wrote:Were the patterns included?

yep. but it felt weird to cut up library materials (so i used the online "ask a librarian" first) ~ who said i could trace 'em, but not cut them.. sheesh.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-10 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-10 15:54, dogbytes wrote:
yep. but it felt weird to cut up library materials (so i used the online "ask a librarian" first) ~ who said i could trace 'em, but not cut them.. sheesh.

I'm surprised that the patterns were there at all. That's the sort of thing that quickly gets lost.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation