[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki New Schwinn Sting Ray - OC Choppers bike
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Schwinn Sting Ray - OC Choppers bike
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 11:48 am   Permalink

That Stingray is one fine looking machine...what's the deal with these helmets though? When I was a kid no one wore them and we turned out just fine....I think....

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 4:23 pm   Permalink

I saw these on Good Morning America one morning when I was stuck at work - I never thought these bikes would see the light of day! That is awesome!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 8:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-13 15:45, Unga Bunga wrote:
It makes me wish I were young again.

ditto! never had one, but man looking at the cool factor of that bike is awesome, I wish my son Gabe was old enough I would do everything in my power to get him one if he wanted it. Thanks for sharing your sons joy.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 12:35 pm   Permalink

A little update...
We were at my niece's Birthday Party at my Mom's and Nick wanted to show off his bike so we took it over there. I was parking it arround by the back garage door when I spotted it...
My sister's 1960's Sting Ray "slick chick"
a bit of rust and the tires are toast but what a great green color! I'll post some pics when I get her up and running!

Any advice restoring her would be greatly appreciated!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-08-03 6:44 pm   Permalink

Like the old ones better, but my kid saw one on-line and wants one. How high can the seat be adjusted? Can the seat be adjusted?

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-03 8:55 pm   Permalink

My brother had an Apple Krate. I saw one recently. They didn't seem so small when I was a kid! These new choppers are boss, man.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-08-03 20:57 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-05 01:52 am   Permalink

Was at Wally Mart and they had about 10 lined up for sale at the main entrance, darn if I can remember the asking price. The website was cool though, and the commercial is neat.

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation