FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Humuhumu in Atlanta & Augusta this weekend (7/17 & 7/18)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Humuhumu in Atlanta & Augusta this weekend (7/17 & 7/18)
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 5:06 pm   Permalink

Aloha! I'm jetting out to Georgia this weekend.

I'm taking the redeye out Friday night arriving Saturday morning. I'm going to rent a car and drive to Augusta to see Hale Tiki with my very own eyes (as early as I possibly can--Hale Tiki opens at 5pm).

Then after that (sadly) short visit I'm hopping back in the rental car to hotfoot it back to Atlanta in time for the Tiki Torch Night at the Trader Vic's that evening.

Sunday morning I'm sleeping in a smidge, but then I have the whole day to explore before my plane leaves Atlanta at 10pm that night.

Anyone gonna be in town & wanna play? Anyone want to join me for the Hale Tiki jaunt?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 10:52 pm   Permalink

That's some schedule.
But, of course, you ARE Humuhumu.

I doubt I'd be able to leave Hale Tiki in a car and still do the Torch Nights right. The concubine is a potent mistress.

My plan is to do Torch Nights and spend the night there at the Hilton and then hang out Sunday morning at some cool breakfast joint where I can get some real grits.

I'm going to try to get to Hale TIki on the way back south.

See you Saturday night!

EAST COAST TIKI REVIVAL LIVES!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:30 am   Permalink

Jet setting tiki socialite on her way! Watch out GEORGIA!! Just had to kid you a lil Humuhumu, I would love to borrow some of your frequent flyer miles though.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 12:44 pm   Permalink

Hope to see you there, Pablus.
I can definitely point you in the right direction for some real "stick to yo' ribs" southern breakfast options (which you'll need after a night of Trader Vic's).

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 4:56 pm   Permalink

I'm up for some breakfast Sunday a.m., pablus, if you don't mind me tagging along. I'm going to crash at the Hilton, too.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 07:58 am   Permalink

Wish we could make it but won't be in Atlanta until Monday evening. I grew up in Atlanta (Virginia-Highlands). If your looking for breakfast..make sure to check out The Flying Biscuit near Little Five Points....amazing food!

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 6:48 pm   Permalink

<<<if you don't mind me tagging along.>>>

I'd be honored.

But gitcher own grits.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 7:04 pm   Permalink

I will be glad to get my own grits. Once I find a local to help me know grits when I see them.

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 7:34 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:49 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 2:56 pm   Permalink

Good to see you again, Miss Humu. Hope a good time was had by all...Sorry I had to miss this one..I'll be at the next one.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

I saw HumuHumu at Hukilau, but never met her. Now I know she is such a sweetie! Next time I hope I am not drunk/hung over when we hang out in September in Fort Lauderdale!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 10:45 am   Permalink

Did you enjoy your grits? You didn't finish them though! Bad girl.

Hope you enjoyed yourself and can't wait to see you at Hukilau.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 12:07 pm   Permalink

I had the BEST time in Georgia! It completely exceeded my expectations.

I absolutely fell in love with the Atlanta Trader Vic's, it is my favorite of the Trader Vic's, and my second favorite polynesian restaurant after the Mai Kai. Hale Tiki was even better than the many already impressive photos we've seen. Brad & Basement Kahuna were wonderful hosts in Augusta (southern boys know how to make a girl feel special even when she isn't, and Brad & BK are no slouches at the art!), and Tiki Kiliki demonstrated yet again that no one throws a party like she does--the Atlanta Trader Vic's owes her a huge debt, and they seem to know it. It's a happy arrangement for all, especially us tikiphiles who get to reap the best rewards. Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo.

It was so nice to get to spend more time hanging out with Kava King & his wahine, Swanky (so happy to be your City of Refuge, my shoeless friend! it was the least I could do after you treated me to Sleepwalk), Rex Reverb, BK's friend Billy, Terry (sp?) and kane, the fabulous Haole Cats (I have much love for anyone who gives me an excuse to dance!), and last but never, ever least: pablus. Oh yes, pablus exposure on a regular basis is recommended for all TCers. Word is the Hoiti Toitis may be getting a dose soon.

Ah, grits. Between the redeye out & resulting jet lag, the drive out to Augusta & back, drinks at Hale Tiki and way, way more drinks at Trader Vic's, my belly just wasn't up to more than a taste of them. I liked 'em, though, and I look forward to giving them another go--perhaps with cornflakes crunched in, or some other adulteration that will amuse the locals. The biscuits, though--I already miss the biscuits quite terribly.

I even had a little vintage aloha wear luck! The dresses I bought are too big for me, so they'll get distributed to the Southern California Women's Tiki Auxiliary.

Pictures soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-19 12:08 ]

Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 1:05 pm   Permalink

take it from an old Southern boy, grits are best when mixed with scrambled eggs ... and I hear ya about the biscuits --

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-22 06:50 am   Permalink

What a party.

Kava King and his lovely wahine were great to talk with.

The Haole Cats were talented and fun.

At the end of the night the dance floor was filled and among them were the happy faces of Tiki Kiliki and Humuhumu.

Swanky filled the gaps with great music although the Hawai'ian War Chant is turning his mind inside-out.

Joel was troubled but highly effective and the new bartender there, Salam Muhammed, was great help for our man, Joel.

It was a great time. We jammed a bit of uke around the bar into the wee hours. Our lovely ladies of TC were radiant. The men were all handsome and witty. The drinks were refreshing and potent.

Then I snored Swanky out of the room.
Literally.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation