[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Our outside Tiki Bar
Our outside Tiki Bar
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 10:21 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

This is our outside tiki bar that use to be a little carport. The bar me and the hubby made ourselves. The mask on the front I picked up on ebay. The spears, chairs, and thatching are from Oceanic Arts. The surfboard we picked up at a thrift store. Although simple, this was a lot of work! I'll send more pics that are close ups soon!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-14 10:33 pm   Permalink

Looks very inviting - I really dig the thatched roof! Only in California would you be able to find a surfboard at a thrift shop...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 06:58 am   Permalink

I like it a lot. It's pretty darn good looking. I can well imagine a cool drink under it's shade.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 09:57 am   Permalink

it looks simple, but yet it looks great. i'm kinda jealous. i want a tiki bar, but it's kinda hard in a 1 bedroom condo. i'm trying to talk the wife into making one in the "dining room" area.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-15 9:16 pm   Permalink

Ahh...the perfect spot for outdoor entertaining...so when's the party?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-20 7:40 pm   Permalink

Great use of the surfboard as a backdrop against the glass doors.

Is there lighting to use it at night?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Olaf Nordstrom

Posted: 2004-07-21 5:38 pm   Permalink

Great bar. Does Oceanic Arts sell the bamboo poles, bindings, etc? I am looking to build a thatched a-frame cover over my bar.

View Profile of Olaf Nordstrom Send a personal message to Olaf Nordstrom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation