Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Wal Mart Shirt
Wal Mart Shirt
TikiTikiTavi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 08:45 am   Permalink

I did a search and didn't find this mentioned. Along with the usual assortment of tropical print shirts at Wal Mart, I stumbled across a rather nice tiki themed shirt mixed in! It was mostly red with many tikis on it. Not a bad find for Wal Mart.

View Profile of TikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to TikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-16 11:16 am   Permalink

I got the same one last weekend. I love it!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-18 6:11 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks, TikiTikiTavi, I had to hit three Wal-Marts to find a medium on which the seams meshed nicely with the pattern, but I did.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 11:47 am   Permalink

i went and picked one up this weekend. it looks pretty good to me. it looked to see if they had any others, but just the red. not too bad for $8.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 1:13 pm   Permalink

I was also able to track this puppy down, in fact I'm wearing it now. Anyway the sad thing is that it's that pre worn style so it looks kind of beat up. I can beat up my own shirts darn it, I don't need someone elses help. Still it's a bargain at $8.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 4:37 pm   Permalink

The red was indeed the best by far. I liked it that the tikis were actually mugs, including a Paul Marshall one. Nice.

So far, WalMart does better than most of the mass market competition in that their tiki shirts aren't just boring FLORALS. Urk.

Buggers overcharged me though. $9.97 instead of under $8. I'm shocked!

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-27 06:45 am   Permalink

I actually got mine for $7. Sorry guys!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

Looked in two Wal-Marts, Cerritos and Long Beach Towne Center, and didn't see one...

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-29 01:22 am   Permalink

I too bought that shirt today. The mugs used are from House Industries. I love the designs... but knowing where they came from makes me feel weird about the shirt. It's a great shirt though, esply for $5 in a XXL.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation