FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events UPDATE - PolyPop in Seattle, WA from 6/14/05 - 6/16/05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
UPDATE - PolyPop in Seattle, WA from 6/14/05 - 6/16/05
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 07:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Elicia, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

Tiki-Riviera -- thanks for the kind words. I'd love to come by and say hello. Will you be meeting us tonight? If so, maybe we can work something out after dinner?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-28 09:39 am   Permalink

I don't think I can make it tonight, but should be there on thurs.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-29 12:20 am   Permalink

Update! ~ Thursday ~ Meet at The Islander at 6 pm.

PolyPop

Monkeyskull and Selector Lopaka

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 09:39 am   Permalink

I am so STOKED that I got those CD's! Thanks Monkeyskull, Selector Lopaka, Dogbytes and Mr. Dogbytes for coming out to make me feel like a Northwest Hoity Toity. I'm looking forward to The Islander tonight ---- 8:32 am and I already can't wait to get out of the office...

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-29 5:32 pm   Permalink

Updated update:
PolyPop is stuck with a techno-mess ~ and will meet at 6:30 at Islander... cya there!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 5:53 pm   Permalink

Wonderin' why I hadn't heard from him yet. I have previous commitments tonight, so I am unable to attend. Good seein' TC ohana last night. Safe trip home, Poly Pop, and we'll see you in SoCal one of these days.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-29 6:48 pm   Permalink

I'll be there 5 minutes after I can get out of the office (around 6:30 I hope).

Thanks again for the tunes, Selector. I listened to the Lounge collection on the drive home and loved it.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:42 am   Permalink

Wow, what a night! Ploypop, thank you so much for keeping a cool head and quickly finding the restaurants fire extinguisher. My shorts are ruined, but I escaped serious injury thanks to you! Hope to see you in California in September. Hopefully the Seattle group can get toghether again soon!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 01:51 am   Permalink

Rivera, it was good to meet and it's especially good to see you apparently found bail already. I feel terrible about not getting you out, but if I didn't get those penguins out of the bar and back in the pen I think Woofmutt may have lost his job at Woodland Park Zoo. Please tell Ms. Tiki-Rivera that I'm sorry about the whip cream mistake -- I'm not used to drinking that many Nutty Monkeys.

P.S. I have your coconut shell bikini top.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 08:52 am   Permalink

You guys are such gentlemen for not naming names, but I just want you to know that I've sen dogbytes do that flaming cherry juggling trick before and it's very cool and she rarely sets anything on fire. Besides, what kinda morons would put a thatch roof in a Tiki bar without fireproofing it? Duh.

And one last time, monkeyskull (since all small animals probably look alike to someone lying on the floor): They weren't "pointy penguins", they were hedgehogs.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 10:14 am   Permalink

Man -- that was a cool (albeit unusual) night. Thanks to all the Seattle-ites who came out to see me and make me feel at home. Tiki-Riviera, I'm glad you made it out ok. Between you, that damn fire that Dogbytes started and the toothless Jamaican guy playing his damn bongos at the next table, I'd have to say we had our hands full (and what was the deal with his blind, scraggly dog?? Damn, it smelled like urine). But hey, we made it out alive right?

Although I don't fly home until this afternoon, I already can't wait for my next trip back into Seattle. Next time, we'll blow up a BIGGER fish. Monkeyskulls left over July 4th fireworks stuffed into that Salmon was classic! (Although I still think attaching it to that sky rocket would have been more dramatic). But I digress...

Oh and by the way -- if any of you ever it make it down to So Cal, please let me know. It's my turn to play host!

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-07-30 10:17 ]

dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-30 10:37 am   Permalink

too bad the only pictures of our Islander Evening were the polaroids kept by the security staff and the fire marshall. hopefully we can effectively change our appearance and meet up again after they rebuild the bar.

pyromaniaclly yours
elicia

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 12:11 pm   Permalink

Woofmutt, I never got your address. Please PM to me or email to polynesianpopatyahoodotcom so I can send you "the goods."

Poly-Pop *

tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 1:09 pm   Permalink

After I got home and removed my burnt shorts, I discovered a burn in a most sensitive area. I guess all that alcohol masked the pain. Let's just say Mrs. Riviera
is going to be unhappy for probably a whole month. Pass the aloe vera please (delicately!)

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-30 6:37 pm   Permalink

These stories sound a little fishy to me.
I don't see ANY pics to prove all this.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation